Totran Transportation Services has an immediate opening for a Deisel Mechanic to join our Conroe, Texas team.
Deisel Mechanics are responsible for performing preventative maintenance and general repairs on tractor and trailer units to Totran Transportation Services and DOT standards. Mechanics complete all needed repairs keeping quality, safety, and expediency at the forefront. Mechanics are the service provider as well as diagnostic technician and trouble shooter for Managers and Drivers by ensuring their needs are met through effective communication on all equipment repairs. Mechanics work with Safety and Operations personnel and Drivers to improve vehicle out of service standards and ensure compliance with DOT and Company requirements. Mechanics are also responsible on daily to keep our fleet of trucks and trailers in top condition.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and repair heavy-duty trucks, including preventative maintenance, inspections, repair to air and hydraulic brakes, tires, warranty procedures, driveline, steering and suspension, electrical, mobile AC refrigeration, and overhaul and engine rebuilds, with safety as the top priority.
- Identify, diagnosis, and resolve tractor related issues, i.e. speedometer, power steering, power divider, U-joint, transmission, rear end, A/C, starter, alternator, APU, etc.
- Perform preventive maintenance (PMs) on tractor and trailer equipment including routine technical repairs and completing repair orders.
- Remain technically proficient in all areas of the shop including tractor, tire, and basic parts administration.
- Use effective interpersonal skills to maintain positive working relationships with team members and personnel and external vendors.
- Contribute to the goals of the shop, leadership team, and Company as a whole.
- Utilize appropriate resources, such as the parts manual and computer, service bulletins and other resources to research problems, determine most effective and efficient method for repair and locate parts.
- Ensure proper documentation is complete, including permits, repair orders, filing, etc.
- Abide by all Totran’s policies and safety rules and assist in maintaining a clean, safe work environment.Identify
- opportunities for continuous improvement and take appropriate actions, recommend process changes, and initiate improvements.
- Work additional hours in accordance with business needs and other demands of the position.
- Reliable transportation is a must
- Any other duties as designated by senior management
- Must have valid Journeyman Certification or equivalent
- Knowledge of truck and equipment safety
- Knowledge of operation heavy equipment
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance and storage procedures
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures
- Knowledge of record keeping systems
- Knowledge of equipment cleaning standards and procedures
- Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions