The Medical Billing Specialist is responsible for submitting claims and following up with insurance companies, collecting, posting, and managing account payments.
Location: North of Tampa, Florida (Lutz Corporate Office)
Role and responsibilities:
- Prepares and submits clean claims to various insurance companies either electronically or by paper.
- Answers questions from patients, clerical staff and insurance companies.
- Identifies and resolves patient billing questions and complaints
- Prepares, reviews and sends patient statements
- Evaluates patient’s financial status and establishes budget payment plans; follows and reports status of delinquent accounts
- Reviews accounts for possible assignment and makes recommendations to the Billing Supervisor, also prepares information for the collection agency
- Research and appeal denied claims
- Performs various collection actions including contacting patients by phone, correcting and resubmitting claims to third party payers.
- Helps submit and maintain Provider insurance credentialing
Medical Billing & Coding
About Suncoast Skin Solutions
As one of the top medical and cosmetic dermatologists in Florida, Suncoast Skin Solutions strives to provide full-service dermatologic care to all of our patients with an emphasis on the prevention and cure of skin cancer. Our team of expert dermatologists, skilled aestheticians, and dedicated medical staff members are proud to offer patients a wide range of surgical and non-surgical solutions for all of their skincare needs.