South Park Veterinary Clinic is a busy, multi-doctor practice in Taylor, AL. As we have grown, we are looking to add on an additional staff members. If you’ve always wanted to work in the veterinary field, this is a great way to get your foot in the door. We foster a team atmosphere; everyone chips in and helps in all parts of the hospital. Don’t worry, we will train you!
HIRING BONUS available to the perfect candidate!
The veterinary assistant/technician provides support to the veterinarians in their daily tasks by cleaning and maintaining equipment, preparing and sanitizing surgery suite, restraining and handling patients, and clerical and administrative work. They deliver quality care for all patients and provide exceptional service. Candidate must be able to multi task in a fast-paced environment.
Duties may include:
- Triage patients, perform physical exams, and treatments; maintain accurate medical records.
- Assist doctors with the administration of medications or with patient restraint.
- Perform laboratory tests and take radiographs.
- Operate and maintain hospital equipment.
- Fill prescriptions, calculate and administer medications, maintain proper documentation, logging, and security of controlled drugs.
- Feed patients as prescribed by the doctor or as the client has requested; recognize and report any unusual conditions or abnormal behaviors.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the hospital each day; clean equipment, kennels and facilities using chemicals and supplies; ensure the safe use of chemicals; complete laundry.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are open from Monday-Friday 7:00-5:00. Ideal candidate must be available to work any hours that the clinic is open. Pay is based on experience. Please email us a copy of your resume to email@example.com.Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Multi tasking, good communication skills, ability to work well with others, and an out-going and positive attitude.