This role ensures that both the campus buildings and grounds are maintained and kept in excellent condition. The role will provide all janitorial services including the replenishment of supplies as required and in a manner that is organized and safe. This role will also include maintenance and upkeep of equipment and machinery used.
Success Criteria & Essential Functions:
- Good organizational skills to manage time and resources, this role ensures that all public and office areas are clean and well-maintained including trash collection, refilling hand sanitizer, soap dispensers and paper towels;
- Provides all janitorial services for shelter buildings including public restrooms; Responsible for the daily cleaning of the shelter floors so they are sanitized and clean (i.e. all hallways, including front lobby areas)
- Numerical and math skills as this job is responsible for the organization of shelter inventory as well as providing departments with adequate supplies on time and in full;
- Mechanical aptitude and experience of preventative maintenance, as well as excellent problem-solving skills, this position will maintain equipment and machinery and ensure that it is in good working condition. Also reports any equipment that needs to be repaired or replaced;
- Excellent communicator both verbally and in writing, this role is responsible for all deliveries, and ensuring the accuracy of these. Will sign for and then distribute to the correct locations;
- Cleaning and upkeep of the grounds on the campus including lawn and parking lot area; This includes the daily removal of any trash and debris;
- Will assist with Animal Transportations as well as pick up materials and inventory as needed;
- This position is regarded as a core team member in Storm and emergency weather response. This includes taking the appropriate action to provide for animal comfort and security of facility in extremes of weather, and being available to come to the shelter;
- Treat all animals humanely, properly, and with compassion at all times, regardless of the situation or circumstance and promoting a humane and caring attitude toward all animals;
- Maintains a professional and friendly demeanor and provides excellent customer service;
- Works courteously and cooperatively with other staff members and volunteers;
- Any other duties as required.
Skills, Education and/or Experience:
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED; some college preferred.
- Facility maintenance/janitorial experience preferred.
Minimum Qualifications (or skills and knowledge):
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment physical and substance screening.
- Must be 25 years+ and possess a valid driver’s license, and a clean driving record.
- A CDL license and forklift operator license is advantageous.
- Flexibility and must be available as needed especially for storm response. This position is core during such emergencies and will be required to work at the shelter and during the evacuation of animals to temporary shelters.
- This position is physically demanding.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds; push and pull heavy objects; bend, twist, reach; perform strenuous physical activities including frequent walking and running, standing, bending and stooping.
- Must be willing and able to drive a large capacity vehicle, forklift, and other machinery.
- Should not be allergic to animals or nut products; must be able to work around all animals.
- Must be able to work with industrial strength cleaners and disinfectants.
Working Environment: (or Working Conditions)
- Works outdoors in all weathers
- Potentially subject to animal and insect bites and scratches.
- Works in an area with high noise levels.
Pay Rate: Starting at $17hr.
Benefits include but not limited to:
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, 401K matchRequired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must possess a high school diploma or GED; some college preferred.
Facility maintenance/janitorial experience preferred.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment physical and substance screening.
Must be 25 years+ and possess a valid driver's license, and a clean driving record.
A CDL license and forklift operator license is advantageous.
Flexibility and must be available as needed especially for storm response. This position is core during such times.