Charleston ENT & Allergy has an immediate opening for experienced and certified Medical Assistants/EMT’s to join our rapidly-growing team. This person will provide critical support to physicians, manage in-office processes, perform clinic duties, and assist in allergy procedures. Customer service is key for this role as this person will be interacting with patients and their families on a daily basis.
With three offices in the Lowcountry, CENTA’s Medical Assistants/EMTs frequently travel between the Beaufort, Bluffton, and Hilton Head offices to ensure full coverage at each location. This provides critical support to providers and patients based on practice volume and staffing levels. Whether on the phone, online, or in person CENTA’s frontline employees are trusted with the ultimate responsibility– ensuring outstanding patient experience, the key to our continued success.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Patient check in/out
- Clinic opening and closing
- Triaging patients and assisting providers with patients and procedures
- Scheduling testing
- Performing allergy shots, and taking vitals
- Administering tympanometry exams for ear pressure
- Managing hospital consultation requests for providers
- Scanning patient records and other information as necessary
- Contacting insurance companies to pre-certify tests and procedures for providers
- Other duties assigned
Medical assisting, knowledge of vital signs, good verbal and written communication required