Vetco Total Care is excited to announce our new hospital opening in Union Square! This location will be one of the largest Petco locations in the country with additional on-site amenities not available in other locations!
The purpose of this Veterinarian Technician position inherently involves providing excellent veterinary care to our Vetco Total Care full-service hospital patients and phenomenal customer care to their owners. The Veterinary Technician represents the mission and values to all clients and partners. Our Veterinary Technicians set the tone for the technical and customer support team in the hospital, and are responsible, like all team members, for fostering cohesion and motivation within the hospital partners.
All hospital partners are responsible for performing duties in a way that creates an environment in which:
- The patient’s needs always come first.
- Every team member understands that they have the power to do what it takes to create an exceptional customer and patient experience.
- Contentious issues are dealt with and resolved as they occur when possible, or as soon as possible.
- Exceptional teamwork and commitment to shared goals benefit the entire organization.
Planning and Problem-Solving:
Like all team members, the Veterinary Technician plays a crucial role in ensuring that the day-to-day operation of the hospital is efficient and provides an optimal experience for our patients and clients.
- College or college-equivalent education (completed) as required in becoming a Credentialed Veterinary Technician in the state in which the hospital is located.
- Must have at least 1-year previous experience as a Veterinary Technician or working in a veterinary practice.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be compassionate and sympathetic and be able to maintain a professional attitude and demeanor during emotional and stressful situations.
- Must have telephone and computer skills.
- Must be a team player willing to learn new techniques and treatments, offer creative ideas, and accept change.
The majority of job duties are conducted in the Vetco Total Care full-service hospital. Position requires bending, kneeling, lifting (up to 30 pounds, as necessary) and standing for long periods of time. A large amount of this partner’s time will be spent in direct contact with clients and their pets.
This position will regularly communicate with clients, veterinary specialists, and companies that provide products and/or services that the practice utilizes.
Pay Range: $22.25 – $35.75
- This position is eligible to receive a paraprofessional incentive bonus based on performance.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The incumbent must be able to perform all the following duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation:
Greet clients and patients arriving for appointments or walk-ins and escort into an exam room, obtain weight and vital signs (temperature, pulse, respirations, pain score, body condition score), record all in the elec