Do you love cats as much as we do? Come join our team!
VCA South Shore (Weymouth) Animal Hospital is seeking a skilled General Practice Veterinary Technician to work with our feline only Veterinarian at our hybrid, 24-hour emergency/multi-specialty practice in South Weymouth, Massachusetts.
At VCA South Shore, we have a highly talented team of veterinary professionals who work together to build enduring relationships with our clients, helping to ensure access to lifelong veterinary care. We recognize the importance of giving personalized attention to what each patient requires for their individual healthcare needs. Our general practice is fully supported by the emergency and specialty departments they work alongside each day, giving immediate access to the wide range of doctors, from surgery to neurology, cardiology to oncology, and more.
Are you looking to contribute not only your experience and talents to the GP department team, but also to the culture of our hospital, while still gaining the ability to enhance your own personal growth and development in a structured work environment? Let us share why VCA is right for you!
- We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including: medical/dental/vision and paid vacation (for F/T employees only), 401(k), continuing education allowance, generous personal pet care discounts and more
- Flexible schedules and availability to work weekends and some holidays are required, however, we respect the importance of a healthy work-life balance, creating schedules that are fair and equal.
When talented people collaborate instead of compete, our patients receive amazing medical care in line with our mission statement: “where pet’s health is our top priority.” We offer a wide range of advanced diagnostics and specialized care and benefits to our patients and clients. If you are interested in providing the same gold standard of veterinary care and becoming a member of our amazing team, and have a passion for exceptional veterinary care, then you may be who we are looking for.
Apply today and learn more!
Staff Testimonials – “Why do you like to work at VCA?”…
- Monica: “Such a variety of things to do, whatever you like, there’s growth and opportunity!”
- Cathy B.: “It’s who I get to work with. The people, the support…I’ve learned a lot since I’ve been here, and there’s always more to learn.”
- Tracey: “I love working here, I love the people, and everyone is loving and cares about the pets. That’s why we’re here, we do what we do for the pets!”
- Courtney: It’s very exciting to work here. We’re the biggest in the area, and there’s so much opportunity to learn with all of the specialties.
- Jess R.” The ability to cross-train; the animals; the people; and the ability to learn new skills.”
- Nicole Q.: “The people I work with, I enjoy my team, the patients, and the clients are great!”
- Melinda: “Helping the animals, & making them feel comfortable during their stay.”
If interested in this opportunity, please click here.
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development).
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com.Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Procedural anesthesia monitoring
• Full Technician Skill Utilization
• Collecting patient histories & thorough physical exams
• Venipuncture / IVC placement
• Hands Free Radiology (Associate safety a top priority)
• Working collaboratively with team members of all hospital services
• Providing compassionate care for all patients
About VCA South Shore (Weymouth) Animal Hospital
Local Doctors, World-Class Care. VCA is committed to continuously improving the standard of care for our hospitals and veterinary medicine as a whole through compassionate, high-quality primary care. VCA has over 1,000 neighborhood hospitals and over 6,000 Veterinarians. To stay on top of the latest advances, every VCA Veterinarian completes 30 hours of continuing education a year – more than twice the industry standard.