Join the VCA Fitzgerald Team!
VCA Fitzgerald Animal Hospital is seeking a full time Veterinary Assistant to join our three-doctor general practice hospital emphasizing in fear free care. We thrive on supporting new ideas and believe in the potential of each team member. We succeed when you grow to your potential. Our hospital has been part of the Colchester community for over 20 years. In addition to traditional services such as digital dental and X-ray Services, we also provide ultrasound technology and have a wonderful Canine Obedience Trainer on staff. Our facility is nestled in the Champlain Valley, surrounded by the beautiful Lake Champlain, Mount Mansfield and Camel’s Hump. A wonderful area for you and/or your whole family to learn and grow. We look forward to welcoming a new medical professional to our team!
Why Join the VCA Fitzgerald Family?
We are passionate about supporting our veterinary assistants and technicians and are committed to your continuing education and personal career development. At VCA Animal Hospitals, we are committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity and strive to be a place where a talented mix of people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We support a work environment where you can focus on your career, happiness, and the patients you serve.
Some of the benefits we offer:
- Access to the people and financial resources of a large veterinary community
- Growth & leadership opportunities
- Career development programs
- Veterinary Technology degree tuition support and scholarships
- Veterinary Technician license reimbursement
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Generous hospital discounts and product discounts
- Employer-paid life, long- and short-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid parental leave
- Free mental health resources and wellness subscriptions (Headspace)
- Referral bonuses
- Competitive wage
- Opportunities to give back through strong Shelter partnerships and VCA Charities
- Full-time and Part-time positions available
Why We Want You
As a member of the VCA team, you will help create and maintain a positive, low-stress atmosphere for our clients and patients. Your mission will be to win the confidence of every pet parent—by delivering an outstanding client experience—so we can provide exceptional care to every patient.
Whether you are a seasoned Veterinary Assistant or a Technician in training, we want you to use the knowledge that you’ve invested your time and talent in. The skills that will be utilized include, but are not limited to:
- Compassionate patient care
- Client education and care
- Pharmacy and medication administration
- Lab sample collection and processing
- Diagnostic imaging
- Surgical preparation and assisting
- Anesthesia monitoring
- Medical record keeping
The salary range for this position is $14 – $18 / hour
Ready to grow with a collaborative and supportive team? Apply now! We look forward to hearing from you!
If interested in this opportunity, please click here.Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Compassionate patient care, Client education and care, Pharmacy and medication administration, Lab sample collection and processing, Diagnostic imaging, Surgical preparation and assisting, Anesthesia monitoring, Dentistry, Medical record-keeping