Put your extraordinary Veterinary Technician skills to work at our hospital in Rock Creek Village, Maryland with Thrive Pet Healthcare.
Compensation: $18 – $24/ hour
Why should you work for Us?* Brand new facility with digital radiology, a full surgical suite, reference lab, and digital record keeping
* Competitive wage
* 80 Hours of PTO per year
* 3 days of CE PTO after 1 year of service
* 8 weeks Employer Paid Parental Leave, and Employer Paid Purr-rental Leave ( 3 days of PTO for adoption of a rescue pet)
* Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
* Employer paid life insurance
* 401K with employer match
* Loyalty bonus for being loyal to us: 3 years 5k, 5 years 15k, and 10 years 50k!
* Continuing education opportunities, and career growth & advancement with our growing organization
* We care about you as a person, and we provide assistance programs to aid in your emotional wellbeing and health.
* We promote a drama free working culture.
Some of the duties of our Veterinary Technicians include:
* Client education
* Proficient venipuncture, IV-catheter, and injection administration skills
* Full knowledge to set-up & position patients for digital radiographs & dental prophylaxis
* Appropriate collection, set-up, and interpretation of in-house laboratory & cytology tests
* Proficient ability to monitor anesthesia & assist the Veterinarian in surgical procedures
* Performing dental prophylaxis.
Our Ideal Technician:
The ideal candidate is a positive person, who works well on a team, loves clients, and treats their furry family members as their own. Has 2 or more years of experience, A licensed/registered technician is a plus!
For more information, contact Ellen Hemm at Techrecruiting@thrivepet.com
At Thrive Pet Healthcare, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: