About Small Door
Small Door is membership-based veterinary care designed with human standards that is better for pets, pet parents, and veterinarians alike. We designed and delivered a reimagined veterinary experience via a membership that includes exceptional care, 24/7 telemedicine, and transparent pricing – delivered with modern hospitality in spaces designed by animal experts to be stress-free. We opened our flagship location in Manhattan’s West Village in 2020 as proof of concept and are now entering an expansion phase that will take us to 6 NYC locations and several new markets in 2022.
This is the fifth company that Small Door’s founders have been involved in building. Its co-founders were previously a General Partner at Softbank Capital and a cofounder/President of Placemeter (acquired by NetGear), respectively. In building Small Door, they partnered with the people responsible for beloved consumer experiences like Warby Parker and Sweetgreen, in addition to healthcare innovators such as One Medical Group, CityMD and Flatiron Health. Small Door has raised $25 million from Lerer Hippeau, Primary Ventures, Brand Foundry, Toba Capital, and Pentland Group. The broader management team brings experience from Equinox, Soulcycle, The Wing, JustWorks, Gilt Group, Lightspeed, and Outbrain.
*You MUST be a licensed Veterinary Technician in the state of New York to apply to this job*
- Provide medical care for patients and perform standard Veterinary Technician responsibilities
- Knowledge and ability to recognize medical emergencies and illnesses;
- Assessing patients;
- Recording vitals and assisting doctors with diagnostics;
- Completing treatments as instructed by the doctor;
- Basic husbandry and nursing care;
- Monitoring changes in patients and providing compassionate care;
- Taking blood;
- Placing catheters;
- Assisting in and facilitating radiography capture;
- Preparing samples for outside reference labs;
- Running in-house labs;
- Preparing medications;
- Administering medications.
- Must be licensed as a LVT in the state of NY;
- Availability to work some weekends (Saturday or Sunday)
- Comfortable with computers and online tools;
- Strong enough to lift 50 lbs;
- A thoughtful and fearless team player;
- A go-getter who thrives in a fast-paced environment;
- Skilled at communicating with clients;
- Passionate about pets.
What you’ll get:
- Competitive salary + profit share;
- Health, dental + vision insurance;
- 401K (plus company match);
- Generous Paid-Time Off, CE allowance, parental leave, and company wide holidays;
- Upward mobility and growth opportunities;
- Working in a well designed hospital with state-of-the-art equipment;
- One Medical membership, HealthAdvocate membership;
- Free CitiBike membership, WageWorks commuter benefits; subsidized gym membership
- Discounted veterinary care for your loved ones
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you
- A collaborative group of people who live our core values and have your back
Small Door is a public benefit corporation and a certified B Corp.
Small Door provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
Small Door requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on disability and/or religious beliefs on an individualized basis.Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
See job post