Clearance Requirement: Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance and pass a drug screening.
We are a government contractor that is seeking an Electrician Journeyman to work full time. We are looking for a motivated individual to grow with the team.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Performance of electrician duties in connection with a wide variety of building alterations, maintenance and repair projects and other miscellaneous structures.
- Utilizes safety equipment and protective gear to perform job duties while avoiding safety hazards.
- Responds to reports of electrical operational concerns to take action to resolve issues and report needed repairs.
- Installations, relocations, and maintenance of building wiring, circuits, switches, transformers, and controls.
- Installs interior and exterior wiring for equipment and appliances such as computers, test and lab equipment, pumps, lighting, motors, and service disconnects.
- Troubleshoots and repairs motor control centers, starters, contractors, circuit breakers, and related operating equipment.
- Replaces ballasts, lights, bulbs, lamps, or other lighting fixtures.
- Maintains electrical lighting, power, fixtures, meters, outlets, plugs, fans, outdoor lighting receptacles, motion sensors and cabling.
- Replaces defective parts for the purpose of maintaining the safe operating conditions; uses various testing equipment to locate problems and makes necessary adjustments.
- Analyzes drawings for the purpose of identifying location of current electrical systems to determine future installations of additional systems, components and/or modifications.
- Checks blueprints to identify possible electrical maintenance problems.
- Maintains equipment rooms, shops, vehicles, and tools.
The work of this class entails the performance of physical labor including frequent walking, standing, stooping, kneeling and crouching. Requires lifting and carrying materials of moderate to heavy weight, climbing ladders, and the use of tools and equipment.
SciTech offers an excellent benefits package that include: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, a great 401(k) package, vacation, and sick leave.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (EOE/AA M/F/D/V)Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Candidate must be eligible to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security clearance.
• 5 years’ experience providing electrical support.
• Journeyman Electrician License.
• Knowledge of electrical principle, safety practices and codes.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, with a positive attitude.
• Must have the flexibility to prioritize tasks to meet senior staff deadlines.