Scope: Fabricate machine tooling and dies necessary for equipment or tools required for quality production of fluoropolymer and other Saint-Gobain products.
· Fabricate or machine parts for equipment or tools according to work requests with no supervision, drawings and/or as directed by leadperson or manager.
· Repair or refurbish tooling as required.
· Troubleshoot machining equipment to restore operation or repair as necessary.
· Clean and maintain machinery, tools, and work area as scheduled or as needed.
· Maintain necessary records as required by SOPs and work instructions.
· Monitor quality of machined part through first article, in process, and final inspections.
· Communicate and cooperate with fellow employees to maintain quality, operation efficiency, and safety.
· Report non-conformance condition (either product or process) to supervisor or manager as required.
· Participate in self-development and training of others.
· Perform other related duties as required or as directed by supervisor.
· Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices.
· Understand all environmental policies and significant environmental impact of job activities in accordance with the ISO 14001 standard.Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• High school diploma or equivalent. Additional trade school education in tool making preferred.
• Five to ten years’ experience as a tool and die maker
• Ability to take conceptual ideas and develop them
• Able to understand and work from part and assembly drawings
• Able to operate independently and as part of a team.
• Effective communication skills, written and verbal.
• Able to read and follow SOPs, labels, instructions.
• Demonstrated mathematical and mechanical abilities.
Saint-Gobain, the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, designs, manufactures and distributes building and high-performance materials, providing innovative solutions to the challenges of growth, energy efficiency and environmental protection.