Is this you?
You love organized processes! You will streamline those processes until they are neat, accurate, effective, and efficient! A good day is when you’ve crushed your day’s task list, solved a problem or two, and got a ‘job well done’.
You’re all about the details. They stand out to you, and you consistently get them right. You are a meticulous worker who values well-thought-out systems. You like to work efficiently but understand that accuracy is more important than speed.
You are a natural born planner. Someone who takes the lead when it comes to organizing vacations, events, and itineraries. You can prioritize tasks, manage your time, and end the day with a clear view of what’s a priority tomorrow and next week. However, you know that things don’t always go as planned, and sometimes that’s a good thing! You can pivot and see the opportunities that lie in the unexpected. You’re ok with juggling multiple responsibilities to keep up to date on deadlines. And you can navigate the hurry-up-and-wait-cycles when you need information from clients or your team to finish a task.
Of course, you are thrilled when an account reconciles perfectly. But if it doesn’t, you will excitedly dig into that challenge, take advantage of your math skills and solve the financial puzzle. You will think outside the box in order to make sense of complicated accounting riddles and understand the “why” behind what you’re doing.
You like to be on a computer a lot. You could stare at data all day long and be a-ok. Microsoft Excel is your playground. Oh, and a new app that helps you work better rocks your world!
However, it’s not all about getting things done and nailing details. You handle the numbers because you care about what they mean and the impact they will have on your coworkers and your clients. You are passionate about entrepreneurship and want to be part of team that supports business owners, their teams, and their families! Knowing you brought them peace of mind gives you an immense sense of accomplishment.
You love working with a team. You know how to ask for help, how to offer your views and hear or suggest solutions. You love a good laugh or to hear about your coworkers’ or clients’ wins. This is because meaningful and supportive relationships are important to you, and you are an excellent communicator. But you don’t need to be chatting it up 24-7. Actually, you like focus time so you can get your work done.
You have strong ethics, personally and professionally, are 100% trustworthy and love to learn new things.
The thought of working in an environment that equips others to be successful, is future-forward and is passionate about sharing knowledge lights a fire in you!
Let’s get the bad news out of the way first:
1. This job requires focus so it is IMPERATIVE that your work environment and hours are distraction-free.
2. Because we really mean it, and it’s key to your success here, please reread #1 !
3. The hours can be weird. At first, we have an estimated 20 hours a week, but sometimes it might be more like 15 or other times, 25. There are some weeks of the month that are busier, and hours will fluctuate depending on the projects we have on our plates and the time of year (hello, January!). Keep in mind, though, that while hours fluctuate, your pay will be consistent. More on that below.
4. If you’re looking for something full-time, our team of part-timers is not a good fit for you. Or if you want to fill in more work next to your other 5 clients, full-time job, or equivalent day-time responsibilities, then this probably isn’t a good fit. We’re looking for someone who can join the team with these part-time hours, but feel like this is their full-time home. You would need to be available for 2-3 meetings per week during working hours (Eastern Time) and to respond to messages during daytime hours.
Now here’s the good stuff:
1. Our office is virtual. You can work from home in whatever outfit you’d like! We just ask that you present yourself and your surroundings in a professional manner during zoom meetings with the team and our clients.
2. The hours are flexible + we support families. This role does require some interaction with the team and clients during normal business hours in a professional home-office setting. But much of your work can be done at a time and place that works for you.
3. Our team and culture are outstanding! The culture of our firm encourages learning and supports professional and personal growth. We and our clients value strong families, entrepreneurial spirit and happen to LOVE our jobs. You will work directly with the Accounting Lead and have some interaction with clients. Don’t take my word for it! Here’s what one of our team members has to say about working with us!:
“I have worked with Pinpoint for over six years now and time has flown! I have learned so much and enjoy every moment of it. Everyday affords you the opportunity to dig into something different and learn something new.
The applications and processes that are in place are wonderful and the new layers that are added regularly constantly allow for growth in efficiency, workload, and workflow. It also allows me to be there for my family as needed which is a huge thing for me as well. I love that I can do my work remotely and professionally within the environment that Pinpoint has created.
The culture at Pinpoint is kind, professional, and growth oriented. It is very special. In short, my work with Pinpoint has been a blessing and the CEO, Eden, is precious!”
And how about this one:
“The Pinpoint team is AMAZING! The team atmosphere is supportive, fun, and inviting. The leadership is inspirational and fosters open and honest communication with team members. Pinpoint strongly encourages creativity and self-improvement providing constant opportunities to learn something new. You are missing out if you aren’t a part of this team!”
4. The work is challenging and fulfilling. You’ll get to flex and build your accounting knowledge, your QuickBooks, Excel and organizational skills with the goal of supporting our team and clients’ growth and understanding.
5. You will learn and experience things and grow in ways that no typical accounting firm would ever allow you to do. We thrive on learning!
6. You don’t have to run your own business or work for a traditional accounting firm! Maybe you’ve been around that block, and it wasn’t for you. Now you can support small businesses without all the headaches and expenses of building your own empire or working for an impersonal traditional large firm.
Let’s talk about the job requirements:
- You must be certified as a QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor.
- You must have several years of bookkeeping experience
- You must be able to handle multiple client accounts (up to 15)
- You must be available for scheduled mid-day virtual meetings, camera on, in a distraction free environment at least twice a week.
- You must be eager to problem solve as well as clarify what questions or needs you have and clearly articulate them.
- You love following systems and improving them.
- You embrace technology.
- You’re great at time management and getting tasks done by the deadline.
- You’re able to communicate effectively, graciously, and clearly with team members and clients in a virtual environment.
Some specific things you’ll get to do:
- Daily bookkeeping, including processing submitted receipts, posting entries in QBO bank feeds, reconciling statements, manage accurate synchronization of data with outside applications.
- Some Accounts Payable
- Reviewing your work and/or client’s bookkeeping and detecting and fixing inaccuracies
- Processing payroll through third party tools
- Filing sales tax
- Assisting with accounting cleanup projects
- Provide custom reports in Excel
- Communicating observations with the team
- Learning new best practices from your Accounting Lead and Pinpoint’s Founder
- Maintaining SOP resources for your tasks
- Cross train with other bookkeepers on their client work.
In short, your job is to keep our clients’ accounting systems running like a fine-tuned machine, driving Pinpoint Business Solutions’ promise of bringing peace of mind to business owners forward. And to have fun at work (who wants a job that isn’t fun?!). Our work environment is casual, but we do expect professionalism and punctuality.
If you are the gem we are looking for, not only would you enjoy maintaining day-to-day accounting systems, but you also would have the know-how to cleanup a messy QBO once in a while, and could use your Excel knowledge to develop and improve custom reports. You would excel at client communication, both in professionalism and clarity.
But what we don’t expect is perfection for you to qualify for this job. We don’t really care if you know how to use ClickUp, Excel Pivot Tables, Dext, or Gusto yet (although that’s a plus), we can teach you that and other things. We expect a passion for learning, solid understanding of QuickBooks and bookkeeping along with organization, resourcefulness, and a get-it-done attitude.
What we offer:
- Hours: This position is currently a part-time/non-exempt position with hours averaging about 20 hours per week.
- Base Compensation: Starting pay is $800-$1100 every two weeks, based on your experience. We don’t pay by the hour because we want you to focus on doing a good job, not stressing about filling hours or fluctuating pay.
- Profit-Sharing Plan: Designed to provide eligible employees with additional compensation based on their level of responsibility and workload. Eligible employees receive a percentage of the firm’s gross profit as a quarterly bonus. Full- and part-time staff are eligible following 6 months of continuous employment.
- SIMPLE IRA: We match up to 3% of your elected contributions. Yes, this is available for part-time employees!
- Paid Holidays
- Unlimited Paid Time Off Policy
- Professional development (because we’ve got to keep learning!)
Does this job speak to your heart and dreams? It must if you’ve made it all the way to this part of the job description!
In addition to being a detailed person, you must follow systems and processes. In fact, just to prove that, when you apply for this position you must use the secret sentence in the last field of our application – it must include our brand promise “I bring peace of mind to business owners”. Yep, that’s our little trick to sort out the people who blanket send their resume to anyone and everyone, from the folks (that’s you) who are truly interested in this position.
We are looking to bring our new team member on board as soon as possible, but we will spend the necessary time to find the best fit in abilities and culturally. One thing that will give you a BIG leg up is to send a quick video along with your resume. If you decide not to send a video, please just let us know why you chose not to. And, hey, we know it can be a little nerve wracking and hope that doesn’t stop you! Please don’t rush through your application, as we will not be making an employment offer until after the application deadline. We REALLY appreciate thoroughness and attention to detail.
Create a cover letter or video (preferred) telling me why you think you’re perfect for this job and share a bit about yourself.
Click the following link to fill out the application, including the secret sentence, and attach your video or cover letter and your resume.
The application deadline is 11:59pm ET Wednesday, February 21, 2024 .
Thanks and we look forward to meeting you!Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Bookkeeping, Accounting, QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks ProAdvisor Certification, Microsoft Excel, Organizational Skills, Communication Skills, Attention to Detail