Come join a team that cares about your career, happiness, and your future. Metropolitan Veterinary Associates (MVA) is a different kind of hospital in that we have personal and professional rewards you will not find anywhere else.
Our team members make us extraordinary, and they (and YOU, if you join us!) are always top priority. At MVA you will help to make life better for pets and families at the largest, privately- owned specialty, emergency, critical care hospital in our region.
Advance your career with top-of-the-line medicine and diagnostics in our state of the art 25,000 square foot hospital that is home to 13 specialty departments.
MVA has excellent employee benefits, just to name a few: health insurance with no waiting period, generous paid time off, employee recognition program, education assistance, continuing education allowance, team member focused training to reach personal and professional goals, veterinary clinical social worker, team events, and a great work atmosphere. *(See below for all of the benefits we offer!)
For more information, check out our website ->www.Metro-Vet.com
Veterinary Technician – Neurology Nurse
We are looking to add to our growing hospital and are in search of a veterinary nurse (vet tech) for our Neurology Department with at least 3 years of experience in veterinary medicine as a nurse.
*Having Neurology as well as anesthesia monitoring experience is preferred.
Current CVT/LVT/RVT preferred or educational equivalent.
*For those without 3 years Neurology experience, but with the education required and a passion to advance their skills, inquire about our talent management program*
- Work Day shift
- Communicate with clients, and team members (verbally and written)
- Work with Neurologist through appointments
- Assist Neurologist with surgeries, and various procedures
- Anesthesia: Induce, monitor, and recover patients for continuity of care
- Fear Free handling: safe, stress free interactions for team members, clients, and patients
Salary: From $21 an hour
Our top tier benefits include:
- Leading industry compensation
- Education Assistance Program & tuition reimbursement
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance eligible as of your hire date
- Flexible hours – encouraging a solid work life balance
- Paid time off
- Paid volunteer time off
- $200 annual scrub/shoe allowance
- Continuing education paid time off and allowance (for licensed and non-licensed team members)
- Retirement plan including matching funds
- Team member recognition, and reward platform through Kazoo
- Employee discount (20% off services, supplies at cost)
- Pet bereavement day paid
- Pet adoption reimbursement
- Pregnancy related and Parental leaves provided at 100% pay
- Team members snacks, coffee, fresh fruit provided daily
- Mentorship with a team dedicated to Education and Development
- Veterinary Social Worker on site for clients and team members
- Unlimited growth potential
- Everyone is on a first name basis in our inclusive, friendly, comfortable work environment
- A strong focus on team member well being
- Team member events
-Broad knowledge of basic small animal medicine (pharmacology, venipuncture, laboratory testing)
-Proficiency with proper handling and restraint of dogs and cats
-Sound knowledge of medical terminology, medications, and disease processes
-Proficient computer skills
-Attention to detail and a calm demeanor required
-Ability to focus, prioritize and multitask in a fast paced, environment
About Metropolitan Veterinary Associates
Since 1986, Metropolitan Veterinary Associates (MVA), a privately owned hospital, has provided the highest quality of veterinary medicine. It is our mission to enhance and improve the lives of our patients through exceptional care. To aid this mission we are practicing out of a renovated 25,000 square foot facility with state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic equipment. We concentrate on specialty and emergency cases, allowing us to dedicate high-level care to the following disciplines: anesthesiology, behavioral medicine, cardiology, critical care, dentistry, dermatology, emergency, internal medicine, interventional radiology, minimally invasive surgery, neurology, oncology, ophthalmology, radiology (including CT, MRI, and I-131), and surgery.