This role’s purpose is to lead, engage, motivate, develop & empower the team who are the first point of contact with our Community and customers. This role will collaborate with process owners and other departments daily, as well as develop and create procedures and processes to enable accurate and timely exchanges of information about the organization’s programs and services. The position will also set expectations, role model, and hold others accountable for the highest levels of customer excellence and service levels.
Success Criteria & Essential Functions:
- This position will hire, develop, and provide continuous feedback to promote the highest levels of customer excellence.
- Excellent in both verbal and written communications, this position will regularly craft and present communications around complex information to a wide audience.
- This role is accountable for setting high standards of customer excellence to build and cultivate strong relationships with the community and our customers.
- Highly organized, detailed oriented and an effective problem solver, this position will drive efficiency, accuracy, and excellence so that customers’ needs are met accurately and timely.
- Flexibility and agility are essential skills as the job environment is fast paced. The role is multi-functioning and to be successful, the job incumbent must be knowledgeable in all areas of the business and be able to quickly identify priorities and ensure that the team are aligned and equipped.
- The ability to remain calm in emotional and high stress situations will be key, demonstrating outstanding oral communication, influencing skills, empathy, and highly effective conflict resolution.
- Talented in analytics, the role is accountable for providing weekly scorecards and measuring success of the team.
- This role will be responsible for training others and creating and documenting processes and procedures.
- Highly adept and experienced in computer software and programs with excellent typing skills, this role will accurately oversee the management of data in several database systems.
- May assist with projects associated within a specified program or service.
- Other related duties as required.
Requirements – Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or G.E.D required.
- At least two years’ work experience working in any one of the following areas: Customer Service, Sales Industry, Animal clinic or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experienced in leading teams and/or projects essential.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge:
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and substance screening.
- Should not be allergic to animals or nut products; must be able to work around all animals.
- General understanding of companion animal welfare principles.
- General understanding of systemic economic and social issues that affect underserved populations and commitment to serve the community.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft and Database software.
- Must be available to work Monday through Saturday.
- Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds; push and pull heavy objects; bend, twist, reach; perform physical activities including frequent walking, standing, sitting. bending and stooping.
- Must be able to work with industrial strength cleaners and disinfectants.
Range is from $19-$22 per hour
Benefits include but not limited to:
- Health Insurance, Life Insurance, 401K match
- Qualification and assistance for Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- 120 hours PTO and 10 paid holidays
- Supportive team environment
This position is considered “Essential” in emergencies and/or weather events
- Works in areas with high noise levels
- Potentially subject to animal bites and scratches
This position is considered essential during emergencies, with the expectation of being available to work extended hours during emergencies, as a member of the core response team.Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
High School diploma or G.E.D required.
At least two years’ work experience working in any one of the following areas: Customer Service, Sales Industry, Animal clinic or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experienced in leading teams and/or projects essential.
Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred.