Information about Los Angeles Unified School District
We are LAUSD. We are at the forefront of innovation in public schools, with the serious work of tailoring the learning environment to better serve our community. Here, you will have the opportunity to exercise your potential in the business of education. Our work directly contributes toward the goal of ensuring that our students graduate ready for the world – ready to thrive iInformation about LAUSDn college, career and life.
LAUSD is the second largest school district in the nation with an enrollment of nearly 575,000 students. We serve an area totaling 710 square miles, with over 1,190 schools and educational centers, and we employ over 74,000 individuals, making us one of the largest employers in our city.
A Locksmith installs, adjusts, maintains, repairs, and replaces locks, security systems, and related hardware, such as mortise locks, door closers, and panic exit devices; changes lock combinations; and makes keys.
Some of the core duties will require that a job incumbent:
- Installs locks and related hardware, including electronic access control systems, panic exit devices, and performs the carpentry necessary for installation.
- Adjusts, maintains, repairs, and replaces door locks, padlocks, cabinet locks, utility locks, combination locks, and related hardware, such as panic exit devices, mortise locks, catches, fasteners, and door closers.
- Designs multi-level master key systems.
- Redesigns lock cylinders to use as many as five different keys.
- Operates a key-cutting machine, power drill, power saw, grinders, welding equipment, and other power tools.
- Changes locker combinations and enters numbers of lockers and combinations in an official register.
- Changes lock combinations by using code systems and code machine.
- Repairs safes and safe-locking systems.
- Devises systems to prevent break-ins and theft.
- Opens or removes locks that cannot be opened by ordinary means.
- Prepares requisitions and reports as required.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Graduation from high school or evidence of equivalent educational proficiency.
EXPERIENCE: Four years of experience as a locksmith.
SPECIAL: A valid California Driver License and use of an automobile.