- Competitive wages and paid vacation accrual
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- 401k retirement plan with company matching
- Employee Assistance Program
- Complimentary uniforms, company paid Fear Free membership and/or annual LVT licensing fees
- Potential for growth within the company and/or transfers to other hospitals across the nation
- Opportunity for bonus when hospital reaches quarterly financial goals
- Pet discounts and more!
HOSPITAL HOURS: We are open Mon-Fri 8 am to 6 pm and Sat 9 am to 3 pm, with patient drop offs as early as 7 am.
SHIFTS: Full-time LVTs typically work four 10 hour days/week with alternating Saturday shifts.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assist Veterinarians in exams, medical treatments, dental procedures, and surgeries
- Accurately obtain and report vital signs and medical history
- Data/medical record entry and invoicing using Cornerstone software
- Client education and product demonstrations
- Anesthetic monitoring
- Digital radiography
- Blood draws, IV catheter placement, prepare and test lab samples
- Maintain a high standard of hospital safety and cleanliness
- Promote sharing of skills and information with other team members
-Compassionate animal lover with a sense of humor
-Self-starter that can prioritize tasks, is efficient with time management, and can calmly work under pressure with a positive attitude
-Efficiency multitasking at a fast pace while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy
-Excellence in customer service as well as client and team communication
-Meticulous and precise medical note taking and medical terminology
-Able to lift 50 lbs. and utilize hydraulic lift table for large patients
About Juanita Bay Veterinary Hospital
WHO WE ARE
Since being established in 1960, Juanita Bay Veterinary Hospital has continued to provide exceptional medical care and customer service to generations of families in the Kirkland community and beyond. Our beautifully designed hospital is AHAA accredited and located within walking distance of breathtaking waterfront parks, fine dining, and shopping.
Our team is dedicated to enriching our employee’s careers through mentorship, fully utilizing applied skills, encouraging personal growth, and communicating openly with honesty and integrity. Our leadership team actively works to cultivate a safe culture of learning and understands that the strength of our organization is the people within it. The mutual respect, comradery, good humor, and a shared passion for high-quality veterinary care is what our team genuinely takes pride in and what makes Juanita Bay Vet such a rewarding place to work.
"I am so lucky to have found my place at JBVH. This is a place where you are truly supported and always encouraged to grow. We strive to better ourselves and stay up to date on the latest medicine. Our clients are awesome here. I cannot imagine working anywhere else.” - Rachel M., LVT - Lead Licensed Veterinary Technician
Sure anyone can say they love where they work, but I will tell you WHY I love Juanita Bay Veterinary Hospital. First things first, I would trust anyone there with my own animals. The care is top-notch, the facility is brand new, and caters to any pet's needs. In a calm and quiet cat ward, a cozy kennel area, the pet's needs are always thought of first. The genuine, and caring staff- it's the kind of co-workers I have always wanted. They are easygoing, helpful, and display the very best care to every single patient. From the owners, management, to the doctors, the receptionists, and everyone that makes up JBVH, every single area is exceptional. I tell myself on a daily basis "this place is awesome! Aren't you lucky to work here!" I've worked in the field for over 16 years, but this place is by far the perfect fit for me. I love my job! " - Rachel E. -Veterinary Assistant
" I like working with animals and people. I have found JBVH to be a very supportive place to work. I trust everyone here with my pets, I look forward to coming in every day, we have great clients, excellent management, and doctors who treat staff respectfully. I've been here for 11 years- that says it all" - Lucie -Receptionist