HSC has been around for over 40 years, then in 1982 we became the first low cost spay/neuter clinic to open in the southeast US! HSC recently moved into our brand-new Animal Resource Center just minutes away from our previous shelter. We’re thrilled to have a brand-new state-of-the-art facility which allows us to be able to offer more comprehensive services to our community. This is an incredibly exciting time to join our team!
As a Clinic Receptionist or Client Service Associate (as we like to call it), you will be responsible for office duties for the Clinic Service Department including:
- Answering phones
- Data entry
- Daily deposits
- Volunteer training & oversight
- Greeting walk-in clients and answering telephone calls, returning messages
- Send out applications for spay/neuter surgeries
- Scheduling of all appointments for surgery and filling out all necessary paperwork in a timely manner
- Files patient records appropriately
- Discharges all animals to their owners, explaining clearly and completely all post-surgical writing instructions and preparing go-home sheets for public and transport partners (make sure paperwork and dog medications go with transport driver)
What We Need From You
- Enthusiasm for the mission of the Humane Society of Charlotte and helping animals in our community
- Preferred: 1-year certificate from college or technical school; or 3-6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, database management software, and web software preferred
- Must be comfortable interacting with dogs and cats
- Self-motivated, well organized, detail oriented, and able to effectively work independently and within a team framework
- Strong interpersonal communication skills required, as well as a high-level skill in written and verbal communication
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable mode of transportation and good driving record
- Must have a great sense of humor and enjoy working in a relaxed office environment
*We’re proud to serve a diverse community, and many of our clients are Spanish-speaking. If you’re bilingual, that is a huge plus!*
Come join our team of amazing professionals that are truly making a difference in the lives of animals and families in our community. Visit our careers webpage, https://humanesocietyofcharlotte.org/careers/ , for a detailed job description as well as additional information on our organization and clinic. We look forward to hearing from you!
Medical, Vision & Dental
401(k) with Match
Short Term Disability and Life Insurance Covered at 100%
Employee Assistance Program including free Mental Health Care, Financial Assistance & Legal Assistance
Dependent Care and Medical FSA
Pet Adoption discounts
Pet food & medical care discounts
Pet bereavement leave
Floating holiday & birthday PTO
Paid Jury Duty
Familial bereavement leave
Continuing Education Assistance
Public Service Loan Forgiveness
Preferred: 1-year certificate from college or technical school; or 3-6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
About Humane Society of Charlotte
Our mission is to champion the wellbeing of companion animals and strengthen their bond with the people who know, love, and need them.