Are you passionate about helping animals and their people!? Are you looking to bring your expertise, positivity, and humor to an organization that prides itself on its care for animals, community, and employees!? If you answered yes, we are looking for you, too!
HSC has been around for over 40 years, then in 1982 we became the first low cost spay/neuter clinic to open in the southeast US! HSC recently moved into our brand-new Animal Resource Center just minutes away from our previous shelter. We’re thrilled to have a brand-new state-of-the-art facility which allows us to be able to offer more comprehensive services to our community. You will be working alongside Wellness and Spay/Neuter Veterinarians as well as experienced & knowledgeable RVT’s. The greatest strength of our staff is the willingness of our Veterinarians and RVT’s to educate and train so if you want to learn, we are the place for you!
As a Veterinary Assistant on our Clinic Services team, the core of your responsibilities revolves around keeping both the animals at our shelter and animals in the public happy and healthy. You’ll be assisting in prep and recovery for animals in surgery and providing wellness care and guidance to the public. General duties include:
- Assist for intake of all animals scheduled for surgery including ensuring all paperwork is properly completed by owners and all vaccines are current & explaining any high-risk factors to owners and have them sign the appropriate release form.
- Assist Vet Techs for shaving all animals prior to surgery and prepares surgery room and animals.
- Monitors all animals recovering from surgery.
- Cleans, sterilizes, and prepares surgical packs.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work area in all workspaces and holding areas according to policy.
- Utilizes proper restraint techniques to assist DVMs with physical exams and administering vaccines.
- Provide excellent customer service to all visitors and clients.
Who are we looking for?
- Enthusiasm for the mission of the Humane Society of Charlotte and helping animals in our community.
- One to two years of vet assistant related experience and/or training preferred but not required.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills required.
- Must have a great sense of humor and enjoy working in a relaxed office environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable mode of transportation and good driving record.
- Must be comfortable interacting with dogs and cats.
Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
401(k) with Match
Company covered Short Term Disability & Life Insurance
Medical & Dependent Care FSA
Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development Assistance
Student Loan Assistance
Holiday & Birthday PTO
Pet Bereavement Leave
Pet Discounts Including:
Pet Food through Hill’s VIP
Come join our team of amazing professionals that are truly proud to be making a difference in the lives of animals and families in our community. Visit our website, www.humanecharlotte.org/careers, for a detailed job description as well as additional information on our organization and clinic. We look forward to hearing from you!Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
One to two years of vet assistant related experience and/or training preferred but not required.
About Humane Society of Charlotte
Our mission is to champion the wellbeing of companion animals and strengthen their bond with the people who know, love, and need them.