Are you a shelter veterinary technician?
Or are you a vet tech or veterinary assistant who would like a change of pace from traditional private practice?
Would you like to help save the lives of homeless dogs, cats, rabbits, and other furry friends in need?
Humane Society Naples (HSN), SWFL’s premiere no-kill shelter, is seeking candidates for the position of Intake Veterinary Technician or Intake Veterinary Assistant. We are open to considering applications from veterinary nurses, veterinary technicians, and veterinary assistants. We seek a caring, enthusiastic, and skilled veterinary support team member to join HSN and make a difference in the lives of companion animals.
This is a full time position, 40 hours per week, 5 days per week including at least one weekend day.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- At least 1 year employment as a veterinary technician or veterinary assistant is required. An Associate’s Degree from an accredited vet tech program may be substituted for paid experience.
- Willingness and ability to handle newly arrived and resident shelter dogs, cats, and other companion animals of a variety of sizes and temperaments, who may be fearful or have unknown medical or behavioral histories or issues
- Restrain animals safely in a low-stress manner
- Administer oral medications
- Maintain accurate records
- Experience caring for and treating neonate kittens and puppies preferred
- Experience administering injections and venipuncture preferred
- Familiarity with common companion animal diseases and associated symptoms
- Familiarity with commonly used veterinary instruments and equipment
- Able to discuss the medical needs of a shelter companion animal with adopters and fosters
- Lift up to 40lbs
- Work well within a team
- Understand and follow directions
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Maintain a positive demeanor in a fast-paced environment
- Computer literate with a willingness and ability to learn new software. Experience with ShelterLuv preferred but not required
- English fluency is required. Ability to speak Spanish or Haitian Creole in addition to English is preferred.
Pay and Benefits
- $17.50 – $19.00/hr depending on skill and experience. Additional compensation negotiable for a CVT or highly experienced veterinary nurse or veterinary technician.
- Generous benefits package including individual medical / dental / vision insurance at little cost to the employee, paid time off, and veterinary discounts.
Candidates must be available to work at least one weekend day (Saturday and/or Sunday).
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. HSN is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply online at https://hsnaples.org/careers
All communication with candidates will be over email and/or text – check your spam folder!
If you have technical issues or questions, please email email@example.com
No phone calls or walk-ins please
At least 1 year employment as a veterinary technician or veterinary assistant is required. An Associate's Degree from an accredited vet tech program may be substituted for paid experience.