Hometown Veterinary Clinic is currently looking for a task oriented, reliable, friendly, independent individual for a CVT position.
Applicant must have great communication and multi-tasking skills and maintain a professional and friendly demeanor. This is a fun and fast paced, environment and applicant must be efficient, accurate and thorough. Clients are high quality and we know our client base well. We are a busy practice, but staying late or weekend work is a rare occurrence. Experienced CVT preferred, but new graduate will be considered.
We seek to foster close relationships with our clients and their pets, and to provide excellent, high quality, progressive care to animals in the area.
Excellent computer and typing skills necessary. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Tasks include: answering phones, scheduling appointments, answering client questions, other office tasks. Animal restraint, blood draw, IV catheter placement, anesthesia monitoring, radiograph, fill medications and all CVT duties required.
Must be available to work weekdays 7:30 am – 5:00 PM. Pay commensurate with experience.
Please send an email with your answers to the following questions below, along with your resume to clinic [at] thehometownvet [dot] com Resumes sent without interview questions answered will not be reviewed.
1) Why are you applying for this position?
2) How are your typing and computer skills?
3) Describe your previous animal/CVT experience.
4) Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with either a co-worker or a supervisor, and what steps did you take to resolve the issue? Be specific.
5) Is there any reason you would not be able to work weekends if needed?
6) How would you handle a situation in which an owner is unhappy about not being able to afford the care their animal needs?
7) How do you handle a high stress environment?
8) Tell me about a time when you had multiple things to get done. What types of multi-tasking skills did you use to get everything done on time?
9) Is there any reason you would be unable to bend, reach, lift up to 50 pounds
10) What are your long term career goals?
11) Please list your weekly availability:
12) Occasionally you will be required to stay late or come in after hours. Is there any reason you would be unable to fulfill these duties?
13) This is a part time with potential for full time position of approximately 35-40 hrs/week. What is your desired pay per hour?
14) What date are you available to start?Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Phlebotomy/IV catheter placement, radiology, animal handling/restraint, medical reception, anesthesia monitoring, surgical assisting