We are hiring a Technical Product Support (TPS) Specialist for our Industrial Motors & Power Transmissions product support team. In this specialized role you will assist our customers by telephone by selecting the right product, providing post-sales support, and answering product application and troubleshooting questions for a large range of Grainger products. This is a remote work from home position in which you will be provided with an 8.5-hour work schedule from 10:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. CST, Monday – Friday. You will report to the Manager, TPS Customer Experience.
This position is hourly, and the target range is $21.23 – $35.94.
The range provided is a guideline and not a guarantee of compensation. Other factors that are involved in offer decisions include, and are not limited to: candidate’s experience, qualifications, geographical area, and internal equity of the team.
The ideal skill set is often found in those who have experience applying, maintaining, and troubleshooting the following:
Power transmission and motion control components such as single and three phase AC Motors, gear motors.
HVAC power components and condenser fan motors.
Engine driven generators, soft starts, VFDs and DC speed controls.
- Communicate with external customers such as end-users, maintenance technicians and contractors and internal customers including parts and sourcing specialists, sales, and store team members.
- Provide excellent technical product support by telephone while using multiple computer programs and applications at the same time to identify a solution and to document the conversation, including navigate websites, conduct web searches, or conduct product searches using Grainger online catalog.
- Follow established processes and published schedule when customer need is greatest to help ensure we can support our customers and exceed customer expectations.
- Use industry-related experience, formal vendor training and on-the-job learning opportunities to achieve and maintain a high level of technical expertise on the products Grainger sells.
- Capture and forward feedback product teams about products based on interaction with customers and field team members.
With benefits starting day one, Grainger is committed to your safety, health, and wellbeing. Our programs provide alternatives to meet our team members’ individual needs. Check out some of the rewards available to you at Grainger:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans.
- Paid time off (PTO) and 6 company holidays per year.
- Automatic 6% 401(k) company contribution each pay period.
- Employee discounts, parental leave, 3:1 match on donations and tuition reimbursement.
- A comprehensive set of emotional, financial, physical, and social wellbeing programs.
Visit GraingerTotalRewards.com to learn more about our benefits!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
#LI-AN1Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
>>7+ years of relevant job experience or hands-on field experience in one of the following areas: motors, engines, generators, and power transmission components, with direct customer contact.
>>Proficiency in computer use and ability to navigate different applications at the same time with multiple screens/ dual monitors.
Grainger is a leading broad line distributor with operations primarily in North America, Japan, and the United Kingdom. We achieve our purpose, We Keep the World Working®, by serving more than 4.5 million customers with a wide range of products that keep their operations running and their people safe. Grainger also delivers services and solutions, such as technical support and inventory management, to save customers time and money. We're looking for passionate people who can move our company forward. As one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For, we have a welcoming workplace where you can build a career for yourself while fulfilling our purpose to keep the world working. We embrace new ways of thinking and recognize everyone is an individual. Find your way with Grainger today.