Do you like having fun and laughing at work? Do you want to join a team with a positive culture and that believes in providing educational opportunities for their staff? Companion Animal Clinic could be the change you’ve been dreaming of in your veterinary career.
Companion Animal Clinic is seeking a full-time Registered Veterinary Technician to join our team. We are a growing small-animal practice located Gilbert, IA. We love where we live and take pride in doing our best to support our community with compassionate, quality medicine.
Our ideal candidate would be a credentialed technician, but we are open to experienced veterinary assistants. You would be positive and outgoing, a pro at multi-tasking, and looking for an exciting and challenging position in a fun-loving team environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Professional client communication and education.
- Laboratory procedures including but not limited to: hematology, cytology, urinalysis, and blood chemistry.
- Diagnostic imaging and implementing safety protocols of fellow staff members.
- Surgical assisting; preparing and maintaining the surgical environment.
- Anesthesia induction, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Nursing skills including: restraining patients, administering medications PO/IV/SUBQ/IM, applying and maintaining bandages, providing high quality physical and psychological needs of the patient during any hospitalization stay or visit.
- Performing dental prophylaxis.
- Pharmacy and pharmacology knowledge including: preparing and dispensing medications, calculating dosages, recognizing adverse reactions, knowledge of regulations regarding the safe handling of biohazardous materials.
- Other duties as assigned with training provided.
What can we provide in return?
- Compensation ranging $18-23/hour depending on experience and certification.
- *Sign-on Bonus*
- Medical Insurance Stipend.
- 2 Weeks PTO.
- 6 Paid Holidays.
- Gym Membership Stipend
- Opportunity for career growth and advancement.
- Paid License Renewal.
- A fully stocked snack area.
- A schedule designed to meet your needs.
- Generous Pet Care Discount.
- Regularly scheduled lunch and learn activities and educational staff meetings.
- Support in your desire to grow and advance. Interested in a CE opportunity? Don’t be afraid to ask and we will probably pay for it too!
- Simple IRA w/ 3% Company Match.
- Uniform allowance.
Does this sound like an opportunity you’ve been looking for? Apply today! Applicants must be prepared to pass a background check. Please sent resumes and cover letter to email@example.com.
To allow our team to continue to focus their time and attention on our patients and clients, please do not contact the hospital directly.Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Professional client communication and education.
Laboratory procedures including but not limited to: hematology, cytology, urinalysis, and blood chemistry.
Diagnostic imaging and implementing safety protocols of fellow staff members.
Surgical assisting; preparing and maintaining the surgical environment.
Anesthesia induction, monitoring, and maintenance.
Nursing skills including: restraining patients, administering medications PO/IV/SUBQ/IM, applying and maintaining bandages, providing