Open House every Thursday 5pm-7pm! Speak with Veterinary Practice Manager and HR Director, tour of facility, fill out application, learn about CAP and the clinic, and discover what we do to save animals’ lives in Houston! Come and see us at 17555 Katy Fwy, Houston, TX 77094.
It is the responsibility of the Clinic Receptionist to ensure a professional working and functional relationship between Citizens for Animal Protection (CAP) and Cornelius Clinic co-workers, clients and volunteers. The Clinic Receptionist will work in coordination with the Director of Veterinary Services, Lead Surgery Technician, Veterinary Practice Manager, and other clinic staff, and assists in maintaining a positive and professional public image.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcomes clinic clients by greeting them, in person or on the telephone, answers or refers inquiries.
- Maintains a safe, organized and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
Schedules appointments, answers the telephone, and sets up new clients and patients.
- Assists in the preparation and maintenance of medical records and medication inventory.
- Responsible for over-the-counter sales, up-selling, asking for donations, mailings, financial transactions (including end-of-day reporting and reconciliation), and front office reception area maintenance.
- Responsible for appointment and surgery calls, medical call-backs, email and mail correspondence.
- Primary hospitality for volunteers – know their names, greet them as they come in, check in on them and thank them for their services each and every day, encourage other clinic members to do the same.
- Checks in clients and monitors client flow from check-in to discharge.
- Manages record requests from clients and other hospitals.
- Understands vaccinations, common diseases, preventative products and pet behavior, and educates the public on these topics. Educates the public on preventative care and the services that the Clinic offers.
- Assists in cleaning the clinic including but not limited to: keeping lobby clean/sanitary, deep cleaning periodically, taking out the trash and recycling, exam rooms, bathroom, kitchen and kennels if needed.
- Follow all reception protocols and CAP policies.
- Assist technicians in restraint, pulling up vaccinations, and filling medication.
- Discharge animals after surgery.
- Maintains a positive relationship with CAP’s veterinarians, clinic staff and volunteers.
- Work in conjunction with the Medical Care team to maintain veterinary services for foster homes.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Lead Surgery Technician, Vet Practice Manager, or the Director of Veterinary Services.
Salary: $13.00 per hour
Paid time off
At least one year working in the animal welfare field is required.
AVIMARK experience required.
At least one year experience as a veterinary receptionist is required.
About Citizens for Animal Protection
Citizens for Animal Protection is a non-profit organization in the Greater Houston area that cares for pets in need through sheltering, adoption, humane education, spay/neuter services, low-cost wellness and community outreach. Employees are first attracted to CAP because of their love for animals, they stay because they recognize the positive impact they have on the animals' lives. The intrinsic value of working with rescue animals is strong, as are the lifelong friendships among employees.