Central Maui Animal Clinic is seeking a full time Veterinary Technician Assistant to join their team!
Technician Assistants are friendly and flexible in the face of
varying expectations from clients and coworkers. They multi-task, prioritize tasks well, and think creatively.
Primary Responsibilities include:
* Provides compassionate care to animals, keeping patients clean, dry, and comfortable.
* Alerts the veterinarian(s) to changes in patients’ condition.
* Recognizes patients with contagious disease and follows relevant procedures.
* Provides safe and effective patient restraint.
* Medicates patients.
* Uses proper safety techniques and positioning for radiological procedures.
* Recovers patients from anesthesia.
* Assists veterinarians and technicians in surgery and dentistry.
* Performs basic emergency care, CPR, and intensive care as needed.
* Assists with and documents patient treatments.
* Walks, cleans, and feeds patients.
* Sets up and assists with procedures, such as IV catheterization and other common treatments.
* Bathes patients as needed.
* Assists with patient admits and releases as needed.
* Ensures patients leave in better condition than when they arrived.
* Assists with lab tests as needed.
* Completes medical records accurately and efficiently.
* Cleans, cares for, and packs surgical equipment properly.
* Keeps hospital clean and stocked.
* Removes trash from hospital, and sweeps and mops floors daily.
* Launders soiled blankets, towels, and other linens.
* Utilizes in-house inventory control procedures to ensure items are stocked appropriately.
* Demonstrates initiative in everyday duties by seeking other work during down times.
* Answers phone when the Client Care Specialist (receptionist) is unable to answer by third ring.
* Demonstrated ability to accurately manage and record detailed information in medical records and other data-management systems.
* Ability to properly restrain patients.
* Knowledge of spelling and meaning of commonly used veterinary medical terminology and procedures.
* Ability to complete assigned tasks in the time allotted without direct supervision.
* Demonstrated ability to show empathy toward clients and treat animals with respect and compassion.
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
* A commitment to outstanding client service.
* Ability to lift objects weighing 40 pounds without assistance and objects weighing more than 40 pounds with assistance.
* Ability to stay on task and work energetically for entire shift, sometimes exceeding 10 hours per day.
– Education equivalent to the completion of the 12th grade.
– At least one year of recent experience in veterinary practice or medical environment, with increasing responsibilities.
We offer an incredible benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance and fantastic pet benefits!
Learn more about us at https://www.mauianimalclinic.com/ and apply today!
PI186306086Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: