BVNS Richmond At Bush Veterinary Neurology Service, we acknowledge and value our Licensed Veterinary Technicians. They are educated, skilled, credentialed individuals who are compassionate and care deeply for our patients. They play a significant role in the success of our organization and the health of our patients. As such, BVNS believes in recognition and fair compensation for our LVTs by providing:
• Full-Time Position (40 hours/week), No Overnight Shifts, No Weekends!
• $2,000 Sign-On Bonus (upon successful completion of 90 day introductory period in good standing)
• $1,000 Annually (and 30 paid hours) toward Continuing Education costs
• Annual state licensure reimbursement
• Customized training plans to assist them in successfully meeting their career goals
• Support and guidance from board-certified technicians in Neurology and Anesthesia/Analgesia
• Access to our VTS Mentorship Program
Eligibility for our NVA Support Staff Bonus Program
• Leadership opportunities
Responsibilities and Duties
· Master neurological anatomy and function
· Perform high quality anesthetic induction, monitoring, and maintenance for surgeries and imaging
· Calculate medication and fluid doses for administration to hospitalized patients
· Assist in surgeries and advanced imaging procedures, to include scanning with MRI machine
· Perform venipuncture, IV catheter placement, urinary catheter placement, etc.
· Perform and recognize normal physical examination parameters on canine and feline patients
· Noticing and documenting changes in patient attitude, abnormal behavior, and changes in condition
· Acquire histories and assist during neurologic consultations
· Positively impact patient care through collaboration with the Neurologist
· Participate in client education
· Utilize practice management software to maintain client and patient records
· Participate in helping paralyzed patients walk again
· Carrying out or setting up procedures that do not require veterinarian assistance
Extensive training is provided. Administrative responsibilities are limited, but include some client communication, invoicing, scheduling, and inventory management.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Veterinary Technician License in Virginia, or have an active license in another state that qualifies you to be eligible for licensing
• At least five years of Veterinary experience as a LVT, or Assistant prior to licensure
• Experience with anesthesia induction, venipuncture and IV catheter placement
• The ability to handle stressful or emergent situations in a calm and supportive manner
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
About Bush Veterinary Neurology Service (BVNS) Richmond
https://bvns.net/news/what-is-veterinary-neurology/ The BVNS team is the largest and most experienced in the United States. We are led by highly-trained, Board-Certified Veterinary Neurologists who are also worldwide leaders in the field of veterinary neurology/neurosurgery. It is this experience and expertise that allows us to provide Complete Neurology Care that includes the treatment for ALL forms of neurologic disease. With locations throughout Virginia, Maryland, and Georgia, you’ll find us not far away. If we aren’t close by, you’ll find that we are worth the drive. We look forward to being your partner in care!