When you choose to be a member of the Cheyenne Pet Clinic Team, you gain access to state of the art medical equipment and services. We offer our technicians opportunities to work alongside our doctors in a variety of settings, including surgical, treatments, and we rely heavily on our technicians for dental procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous on the job training desirable.
- Physical Effort: Work requires lifting and carrying records and equipment weighing up to 40 lbs.; requires sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
- Working conditions: May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises and animal feces. May be exposed to bites, scratches and contagious diseases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Can provide compassionate care to patients and clients.
- Can conduct oneself in a confident and professional manner even when stressed and/or focused on individual tasks.
- Can legibly keep accurate medical records in accordance hospital policy.
- Can prepare and maintain the exam rooms and treatment areas.
- Can perform physical assessments; record observations legibly in files or computer.
- Can effectively restrain pets even when large or difficult.
Knows all common vaccines and vaccination protocols and can explain to clients.
- Understands the importance of a clean and orderly facility, does not hesitate to clean or organize as part of a normal job duty.
- Maintains positive, cooperative relationships with other employees.
- Can prepare estimates for procedures and discuss financial commitments with clients supporting hospital financial policies.
- Can explain necessary follow-up and homecare instructions.
- Can properly care for all surgical materials and equipment; keep the operating room properly stocked and prepared for surgery.
- Can set up clinical laboratory procedures such as fecal flotation exams, heartworm checks, skin scrapings, urinalysis, ear cytology and fungal cultures; maintains file of lab test results and ensures that test results are recorded in patient records.
- Can effectively position for and take radiographs.
- Understands the use and care of IV pumps.
- Can admit patients following hospital policy and doctors written orders.
- Can discharge patients based on the veterinarian’s orders, ensuring that patients are well groomed and in a medically appropriate state.
- Performs other duties as assigned including assisting in other areas.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
License CVT / LVT